Everyone seemed to have a specific role except me. I felt like a fifth wheel. 除了我之外,每個人都有角色可以扮演。我覺得我是多餘的。
Everyone seemed to have a specific role except me. I felt like a fifth wheel. 除了我之外,每個人都有角色可以扮演。我覺得我是多餘的。
If I put the pedal to the metal I might get there on time.
如果我全速前進,應該可以準時抵達。
旅遊英文-免費英語能力測驗
http://goo.gl/Am1VOU
Be prepared for tough negotiations with Dan. He drives a hard bargain. 要小心Dan這樣的談判人員。他非常地強勢。
Drive a hard bargain
極力討價還價
I can't stand backseat drivers like my mother-in-law!
我不能忍受像我婆婆一樣在一旁下指導棋的人
Backseat driver
後座駕駛員。是暗喻坐在後座的乘客,硬是要給駕駛人不斷地提出沒有必要的指導和批評
It's getting late and we've got a long way to go. Let's hit the road.
時間不早,我們還有一大段路要趕。咱們上路吧。
The value of my stock has begun to bottom out and it should soon begin to increase in value.
我買的股票價位已經落到谷底,應該很快就會跌深反彈了。
商用英語資詢:http://goo.gl/0WQuQ5
In business, it's often necessary to be quick on the draw, but sometimes it's better to be slow and understand what's happening.
在商場上,經常需要果決明快,但有時放慢腳步,謹慎為之反而較妥當。
be quick on the draw
迅速拔槍之意,比喻果決明快
My date cancelled on me last weekend, but it was a blessing in disguise because I got a phone call from an old friend and we're meeting for coffee tomorrow.
我的約會對象上周末取消,不過塞翁失馬,焉知非福,我的老朋友剛好打電話找我喝咖啡。
a blessing in disguise
看似不幸,實則幸運的事情